Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Herb Bread



I posted a great rosemary olive oil bread recipe but I'm always trying to figure out how to improve. This recipe seemed simple and easy and called for whole wheat flour, which was good. I added five tablespoons of flax seed meal and almost 1 cup less flour, as well as a bunch of seeds and dried herbs.



I had this Indian spice mix with Cumin, Fennel, Black Onion, Mustard, and Fenugreek, so I threw in about 2 tablespoons of that and added coarse sea salt on the top of the loaf. It came out well, but burned a little at the bottom and I'm not sure it rose as much as it should have in the two hours I left it. The spice mix is very potent but delicious- I think this bread will be good as an open topped sandwich with greens and tofu, or with hummus, or olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment